· Provide support/assistance to participants regarding issues and barriersto employment.
· Assessing needs,evaluating interests and transferable skills.
· Job Development,market clients to employers; act as an ambassador to equal opportunity andemployment equity, advocating in all business relationships
· Provide on-the-job-training/job coaching to persons with disabilities.
· Develop job analysis for positions in conjunction with employers.
· Develop individualized, creative job search and retention strategies.
· Create an Employment Plan for clients that includes specific goals.
· Explore employment options, provide information on labour market trends and support client’s job search with concrete planning and suggestions.
· Preparation of resumes and cover letters and preparing for job interviews.
· Develop, or assist in the development, of employ ability workshops in addition to one on one and group facilitation.
· Connecting with community organizations and potential employers and make appropriate referrals.
· Maintain accurate records and submit monthly reports in a timely fashion.
· Provide data management for the collection and maintenance of services or program delivery case management.
· Participate in regularly scheduled case management reviews.
· Inform the Manager of any issues or development concerning individual client needs and program or service delivery requirements.
· Liaises with colleagues,and other professionals in the community who are directly involved with clients’ service requirements.
· Work collaboratively with funders, other community agencies and with the Goodwill Team.
Othertasks as required, as directed by the Manager
· Post secondary degree/diploma in Social Services, Career Development or related field.
· Skills and experience in employment, career, and or vocational counseling; sound knowledge of career decision making tools, job search strategies, resume creation,networking, the labour market and future employment trends. Assessment certifications an asset.
· Ability to work effectively with a diverse socio-cultural client population with strong customer service skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, bilingual French/English is an asset.
· Flexibility to adapt to change, with the ability to prioritize, set and meet deadlines.
· Valid Ontario Class G Driver’s license, access to a vehicle and insurance.
· The incumbent must be cleared by a background check.
Goodwill Industries Essex/Kent/Lambton is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities.